Personal Injury Assistance From Our Skilled Legal Team in Charleston
Representing injured victims to recover fair compensation
The Calwell Practice, LC’s sole mission is to help injured clients recover damages. Time is of the essence for filing your personal injury claim. The West Virginia statute of limitations requires you to file a lawsuit within two years from the date of your injury, or you may forfeit your rights to pursue compensation.
How our West Virginia legal team can help you
Our Charleston law firm represents clients in West Virginia and throughout the country in all types of personal injury cases, including:
- Wrongful death — We represent families who have lost their loved ones in wrongful death cases with compassion and respect, while tenaciously investigating the circumstances. If someone else’s negligence or actions caused your loss, your family should not have to endure additional suffering, and we can help you obtain justice.
- Products liability — We file products liability lawsuits to recover compensation for diseases and disorders caused by defective products, chemicals, pesticides or prescription drugs.
- Auto accidents — Our attorneys demand that insurance companies and negligent drivers compensate our clients for the injuries suffered in a motorcycle, truck, bus or auto accident. We can help you determine what to do if you are involved in a car accident or other type of accident to receive just compensation.
- Workplace injuries — Our personal injury lawyers pursue maximum recovery for injuries sustained in a workplace accident. We handle construction, highway work zone, coal mining and other dangerous job site cases.
- Medical malpractice — Our West Virginia law firm holds doctors and hospitals accountable for medical malpractice cases resulting in injury or death. Whether you or a loved one was misdiagnosed or an illness was overlooked that should have been detected, we can assist you with getting compensated. Our attorneys also get the facts surrounding improperly conducted procedures leading to pain and suffering.
- Nursing home negligence — If your loved one has suffered because of nursing home negligence, abuse or exploitation, we know the pain of that knowledge extends to the entire family. We aggressively pursue these cases, holding the nursing home or long-term care facility responsible for their neglect or damaging actions.
Helping you pursue your legal rights
The Calwell Practice takes personal injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning that we do not charge attorneys’ fees until we recover damages in a settlement or trial verdict. We thoroughly explain our billing procedures at your initial consultation so you know what to expect. Our Charleston lawyers recognize that a personal injury may prevent you from travelling to our law offices, and we can schedule home or hospital visits at your request.
Maximizing damages collected in personal injury claims
Accurately calculating and persuasively proving fair damages is a crucial aspect of your personal injury case. During our meticulous investigation, we collect important evidence to convince judge and jury that you deserve the maximum damages available, which may include compensation for:
Consult our personal injury attorneys in Charleston, WV for reliable assistance
For more information about personal injury recovery, call The Calwell Practice at 304.400.6558 or contact our law firm online to schedule an appointment.