Ben Adams has practiced at The Calwell Practice, LC since graduating from law school in 2010 and since that time has gained a reputation amongst the bench and bar for his fair and effective representation of clients. Ben is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell which represents the highest peer rating standard and signifies that a large number of his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for his legal knowledge, communication skills, and ethical standards. Ben has also been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers in the practice area of Personal Injury litigation.
Ben primarily works in the areas of personal injury, catastrophic injury, and medical malpractice. However, given the unique practice make-up of The Calwell Practice he has worked extensively on complex environmental contamination cases, toxic torts, and products liability cases as well.
Ben is a native of Charleston. He attended George Washington High School and resides here with his wife and children.
- West Virginia, 2010
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, 2010
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 2015
- J.D., Appalachian School of Law, 2010
- Appalachian Natural Resources Law Journal, Managing Editor (2009-2010)
- Research Assistant, Energy & Mineral Law Foundation, 29th and 30th Annual Energy & Mineral Law Institute
- B.A., West Virginia University, 2005
- Kanawha County Bar Association
- West Virginia Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Injury Board
- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40 in West Virginia (2015 NAOPIA)
- Top 10 Litigation Lawyer Under 40 in West Virginia (2016 ASLA)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2016 and 2017